Last Updated: April 4, 2017
- Information We Collect
- Information You Provide to Us
Registration Information. When you register to use the Service, you provide us with your email address and/or phone number. If you choose to register with Satori by connecting one of your other accounts, such as your Facebook account, we may also get basic information from your account profile such as your Facebook user ID, Facebook fan status, gender, and Facebook friends.
User Profile. We may also offer you the option to complete a user profile that is visible to other Satori users. Your user profile may include: a profile image; one or more Service username(s); and a Satori/Subscriber/Publisher ID number that is created by Satori and used to identify your profile.
Payment Information. If you add a payment method to your Satori account, you provide us with a name, billing address, and other payment card information. A third party that processes transactions for us will receive your card information.
Communications. When you ask for assistance from our Customer Support team, we will receive the contact information you provide, such as your name and e-mail address, your username, and/or your Satori ID number, information about your activity on the Service, the contents of your correspondence and attachments, and any other information you choose to provide.
Subscriber Filter Information. Subscribers have the option of filtering the Source Data published to Satori Channels. Satori may provide the ability to store information about any filters that Subscribers choose to save to their accounts. Satori also receives de-identified information about the queries Subscribers apply to filter Source Data in Satori Channels. Satori uses this information to develop the Service and provide additional tools to Subscribers.
Source Data. Satori stores Source Data published to Satori Channels on a temporary basis for logging and debugging purposes. Beyond this temporary storage period, Satori does NOT collect or store any historical Source Data.
- Information We Collect When You Use the Service
Device Information. We receive information from Users’ devices, including your device’s IP address, advertiser ID, and if you register with another account, potentially your identifier associated with that account. If you access the Service on a mobile device, Satori may also receive your device identifier (i.e., advertiser ID), device name, manufacturer, MAC Address, phone number, Wi-Fi information, country information, and geo-location information.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use the Service and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the Service, such as the channels you subscribe to or the pages you visit on the website, your actions on and within the Service, and the dates and times of your visits.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and service providers acting on our behalf, such as Google Analytics, may use Log Files and other tracking technologies to collect and analyze certain types of technical information over time and across different websites following your use of the Service, including cookies, WiFi information, IP addresses, geo-location, device type, device identifiers, browser types, browser language, referring and exit pages, and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, Service state and the date and time of activity on our Services, and other similar information. We and service providers acting on our behalf, may also collect information through “cookies,” flash cookies, tracking pixels, web beacons, and similar technologies in order to understand how you use the Service, understand how you interact with Satori advertisements, prevent fraud, and improve your experience with the Service by speeding up load times and remembering your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites, apps, and services recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and flash cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. You should consult your web browser(s) to modify your cookie settings.
Please note that we use Google Analytics cookies for data analytics purposes, and you can find more information on how Google uses data from these cookies at google.com/policies/privacy/partners. The NAI (Network Advertising Initiative) allows for the central opting out of all its members’ cookies from a single opt-out page. If you prefer not to receive relevant advertising on web pages, please click on the following link: networkadvertising.org/choices/. If you delete your cookies, use a different browser or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice. A flash cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the Satori platform. You should visit Adobe’s website to learn more about flash cookies and modify those settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may lose some functionality of the Service.
- Information We Collect From Third Parties
Third Party Services. If you register for the Service using one of your other accounts or link your account with a third party’s service (such as Facebook), we may receive the information about you as described above from these services.
- Information You Provide to Us
- How We Use the Information We Collect
We may, and you expressly consent for us to, use the information we collect from you in any one or more of the following ways:
• Provide, improve, expand, and promote the Satori platform and the Service;
• Analyze how Users interact with the Service;
• Communicate with you, directly or through our partners, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
• Personalize your experience on the Satori platform;
• To facilitate feedback or performance analytics related to the Service
• Send you text messages and push notifications;
• Facilitate transactions and payments;
• Provide technical support, customer support and respond to user inquiries
• Prevent and identify fraud and potentially illegal activities;
• To complete payment processing for services related to the Service;
• To communicate updates, new product offerings or information related to the Service;
• Respond to valid requests from government authorities; and
- How Your Information is Shared
- Sharing Between Users
Channel Data. Satori enables Publishers to share Source Data with Subscribers with unprecedented throughput and low latency. Publishers make Source Data available to all other Users on the Satori platform through Satori Channels. What Source Data Publishers may share and how Subscribers may use that Source Data is subject to Satori’s Terms of Service and Publisher Addendum.
- Sharing Between Satori and Third Parties
Integration Partners. We may share information we collect about you with third party partners in order to receive additional information about you. We may also share your information with third party partners to create offers that may be of interest to you.
Third Party Services and Websites. The Satori platform may allow you to connect with other websites, products, or services that we do not control. If you visit or use such services, we recommend that you review and understand their privacy practices before sharing your information with those services.
Other Sharing. We may also share your information with third parties under the following circumstances:
• While negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger or sale of our assets;
• If a government authority requests information and we think disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process;
• With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties if we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Satori Users, Satori, or the public;
• If we believe there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person or the public generally;
• If we believe that the Service is being used in the commission of a crime, we may share your information or activity to report such criminal activity or to exchange information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
• To comply with a legal requirement or process, including but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures;
• With our insurance partners to help determine and provide relevant coverage in the event of an incident;
• To provide information about the use of the Service to potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you; and
• Whenever you may consent to the sharing.
- Sharing Between Users
- Your Choices
Email Choices. You can unsubscribe from our commercial and promotional emails but we will always send you emails about your use of the Service such as transactional messages and confirmations.
Text Messages. You can opt out of receiving text messages from us by texting STOP in response to any such message you receive from us.
Push Notifications. When you install Satori apps on your device you may choose to receive push notifications or local notifications. You can turn these notifications off through your device settings.
Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing your geo-location information through your device settings.
Authentication Network Information. If you choose to register for Satori by connecting one of your other accounts, or otherwise link one of your other accounts to your Satori account, we may receive information about you from that network as described above. You can control what information Satori receives by revising your privacy settings on that network and/ or the permissions associated with that network on your device.
Accessing and Controlling Your Information. If you would like to terminate your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Terminate My Account" in the subject line and your first name, last name, email address, and Satori ID number (if applicable) in the body of email. Please note that while we will deactivate your account, we may retain your information for legal and accounting purposes. We may also be unable to delete communications or content you have sent or posted on the Service.
Children’s Privacy. The Service is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. In the event we learn that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information Security. Satori implements reasonable measures to protect the security of your information. While we take precautions to protect your information, it is impossible for anyone to promise that unauthorized access will never occur and we cannot provide any guarantee about the security of your data.
California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. This information includes a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to: Customer Service c/o Satori LLC, 2225 E. Bayshore Road, Suite 200, Palo Alto, CA 94303.